Doomsday version 1.12.0
|Release date:||October 3, 2013|
In 1.12 we are continuing to build on the big changes introduced in 1.11: new UI framework and internal map data improvements. The old Control Panel has been removed with new functionality being added to the task bar.
- XG). Supported hacks include "deep water", "self-referencing sector" and "fake 3D bridge".
- Control Panel has been replaced with new configuration menus and dialogs that open directly from the task bar. It is also easily possible to reset each group of settings to their default values. (Previously, the only way to reset anything to defaults was to manually erase the corresponding values from the .cfg files.)
- Control Panel's several pages of obscure renderer settings, allowing one to see the effect of each setting immediately. When fine-tuning the settings, one can keep playing and switch between adjustments and gameplay effortlessly.
- Fine-tuned renderer default settings. Thanks to the sidebar editor, we've now fine-tuned some of the existing renderer default values for an improved appearance. Simply select the "Defaults (built-in)" appearance, or reset your custom profile(s) to the default values.
- Doomsday Script bindings for engine functionality.
Progress on roadmap
- Improved support for id Tech 1 map hacks
- Visual theme presets
- Switch to MSVC 2010 on Windows (and Qt 4.8.5)
- UI renovation: automatic updater, Control Panel
- Interactive shell: script mode for the console widget
If you are upgrading an existing installation of Doomsday, note the following:
- Your current renderer cvars will be stored into a Renderer Appearance profile called "Custom".
- To allow automatic downloads of updates in the background, enable the "Download automatically" option in Updater Settings.