Talk:Getting started (1.15 or earlier)
From Doomsday Wiki
skyjake's Git setup
Here's how I've set up my repositories.
- I can clone new repositories from the local server (much faster than cloning from SF.net) if there is no local repository already on the same computer.
- I don't have to set up direct SSH access from the Windows PC to the Mac desktop.
- The Windows/Linux PC can stay offline when not needed.
- I can keep the repositories in sync without touching SF.net (local network is faster and always available).
- Even if there is no internet access for some reason, I can still keep working like normally.
--skyjake 09:20, 29 July 2009 (UTC)