How to load resources from command line
Cleanup Note: This article should be cleaned up to be more readable and/or to more closely follow the Wiki article guidelines.
This page explains how to load 3D models and other enhancements using command line options (in Linux).
Assuming Doomsday (deng) is installed in /usr/local/share/deng, and my WAD files in ~/wads/, do the following:
- Download the jDoom Resource Pack (jDRP) from the deng project page.
- Place the jDRP.pk3 file in /usr/local/share/deng/Data/jDoom/
- Place the jDRP.ded file in /usr/local/share/deng/Defs/jDoom/
- Use the -file option to load the PK3.
- Use the -def option to load the DED. At the moment the jDRP requires manually loading a DED file called jDRP.ded.
So, the command line that does the job could be:
/usr/local/bin/doomsday -g jdoom -file ~/wads/doom.wad -def }Defs/jDoom/jDRP.ded -file }Data/jDoom/jDRP.pk3
Note: The "}" is really that way.
There is a related question in the FAQ: "How can I play without KickStart?".